San Mateo on ORANGE
Message from the Exalter Ruler , October 27th:
Dear Elks Members,
We have all been doing a great job preventing the spread of the virus, and were rewarded yesterday by the county moving to orange. It's imperative that we remain diligent about protecting ourselves, our loved ones, and friends.
Local health officials also cautioned that the recent drop in the rate of COVID-19 cases is no cause to let one’s guard down.
“We ask everyone to continue to work to limit the exposure of themselves and their families to COVID-19,” said San Mateo County Health Officer Dr. Scott Morrow. “We are moving quickly towards Halloween and the holiday season. We can’t stress enough: wear your face covering, wash your hands, avoid close-contact with anyone not in your household. We have too much riding on our progress to go backwards now. Our comeback depends on all of us.”
What does it mean for the lodge?
* Outdoor Cantina Bar is opening with the following hours: Starting this weekend, Saturday and Sunday 1:00pm - 8:00pm, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (starting next week) 5:00pm - 8:00pm
* Indoor Weight Room is open for up to two people at a time (reservation required)
* Downstairs Exercise Room is open for up to two people at a time (reservation required)
* Billiards Room is open at 25% capacity (reservation required)
* Handball Courts are open at 25% capacity (reservation required)
* Members are permitted to bring a potential future Elk guest to Wed / Sat dinners.
* Lap swimming is open seven days a week (reservation required); family swim is closed for the season.
Continue to be open:
* Tennis and pickleball courts (reservation required)
* Indoor dining at 50% capacity - Watch for future announcements
* Jacuzzi (currently undergoing repairs to the boiler) - Watch for future announcements
We continue to have many members that have chosen not to pay their dues. Hopefully with everything we have going at the lodge now (or will shortly) people will decide now is the time to pay. Please encourage everyone to do so!
As always, I hope you and your loved ones are safe and healthy. If anyone is in need, please reach out to the lodge. There are many wonderful people here that will gladly help.
All the best,
San Mateo Lodge 1112
See Reservations page.
Message from our Chaplain:
During this unprecedented time, we appreciate all the work of our Exalted Ruler, Stuart Yoxsimer, and the rest of the Elks Leadership in creating safe ways for us to gather and enjoy the freedoms afforded by the ever changing County and State regulations. Thank you also to all members who are using the online reservation system, socially distancing, and wearing masks. Each of us must do our part to keep this virus out of our Elks community. May God keep us healthy and safe.
Please remember the Officers and Committee chairs are part-time volunteers and doing their best. In the meantime , please join us on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday dinners on the events page.
RSVP to the Lodge Meetings on the events page, let your voice be heard. Meetings held via ZOOM.
COVID 19 Power Point from out task force meeting.
Do NOT ENTER if you OR ANY MEMBER OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD has any symptoms of COVID or any other illness. These include
· Shortness of breath;
· Dry or wet cough;
· Fever, chills;
· Temperature above 100 degrees Fahrenheit;
· Unusual fatigue;
· Sore throat;
· Congestion or runny nose;
· Nausea or vomiting
· Bluish face or lips.
If you do sneeze or cough, DO NOT remove your mask and sneeze or cough into your elbow.
DO NOT engage in any unnecessary contact (e.g., no shaking hands).
A facemask that incorporates a one-way valve designed to make exhaling easier IS NOT a Face Covering under the SMC Health Officer’s Order.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN HEALTH AND THE HEALTH OF OTHERS.
IF YOU HAVE COME IN CONTACT WITH ANY PERSON YOU SUSPECT MAY BE INFECTED, OR IF YOU BELIEVE YOU OR SOMEONE YOU LIVE WITH HAS COME IN CONTACT WITH AN INFECTED PERSON, OR IF YOU FEEL ILL IN ANY WAY, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM USING THESE FACILITIES UNTIL YOU ENSURE YOU ARE NOT INFECTED OR POSSIBLY TRANSMITTING THE DISEASE.
PLEASE WASH OR SANITIZE YOUR HANDS BEFORE AND AFTER USING THE FACILITIES AND REFRAIN FROM TOUCHING YOUR FACE. FACE MASKS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES EXCEPT WHEN EXERCISING.
PORTIONS OF THE LODGE REMAIN CLOSED TO EVERYONE. THIS MAY INCLUDE BATHROOMS, LOCKER ROOMS, AREAS POSTED AS “CLOSED” OR LOCKED OR ROPED OFF AREAS. PLEASE RESPECT THE BOUNDARIES AND DO NOT USE OR ENTER THE PORTIONS OF THE FACILITIES THAT ARE CLOSED.