OPEN FAMILY SCHOLARSHIP
This program is to provide scholarships to a child or grandchild (or step-child, step-grandchild, or legal ward) of Elks who are members in good standing for the 2021-2022 school year.
Additionally, this program applies to deceased Elks who were members in good standing
Submitted to our office no later than January 10, 2022
• The applicant must be a high school senior.
• If the applicant's parent and grandparent are both Elks members, the applicant should apply through the parent's Elks Lodge.
• Applicants who are children or grandchildren of a deceased San Mateo Elks member, who can be verified by our Lodge that he, or she, was a member in good standing may apply for this Scholarship.
• Applicants are to apply using the San Mateo Elks Open Family Scholarship Application form (available in the Lodge Office); there is no financial requirement for San Mateo Elks Open Family Scholarship.
• YOUR APPLICATION MUST BE IN A PAPER FOLDER WITH INSIDE
POCKETS AND CLASPS. Three-hole punch your application and secure it in the clasps. Your attachments must follow the order in the "INSTRUCTION CHECK-LIST' on the last page of the "Family Scholarship Application".
Scholarship Amount: Award will range between $500 and $1,500.
Applicants receiving awards must supply documentation from the University or College of their choice that they are enrolled as a full-time student, and @ check will be sent by the Lodge directly to the school.
Winners of the 2021-2022 contest will be announced by April 17, 202
ENF Most Valuable Student Scholarships
The 2022 MVS application window opened on August 2, 2021 and closes on November 15, 2021.
Eligibility: Current high school seniors, or the equivalent, who are citizens of the United States are eligible to apply. Applicants do not need to be related to a member of the Elks. High school graduates are not eligible to apply.
Visit https://www.elks.org/scholars/scholarships/MVS.cfm for more info.